Friday, February 05, 2010
536 - You Aught to Know - Tony Girard
1. Punch-Drunk Love, Paul Thomas Anderson, 2002
2. The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou, Wes Anderson, 2004
The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou has a little bit of everything that I find to be enjoyable in a movie. The main character is cavalier to a fault, and gets his crew in a fair share of misadventures because of it. There is a bright soundtrack that varies in many ways, but still sets the right mood for the scene. There is a crew that is gung-ho in their adventures, and are able to remain together through all kinds of adversity. They stick up for each other, and they fight for each other. There are some pirates, a couple shootouts, some explosions, and even a nemesis. The message of the film seems to be that even if a crew falls on hard times, it is still important not to lose sight of the important things in life, like teamsmanship.
3. The Dark Knight, Christopher Nolan, 2008
4. Sideways, Alexander Payne, 2004
5. American Psycho, Mary Harron, 2000
6. Bad Santa, Terry Zwigoff, 2003
7. The Prestige, Christopher Nolan, 2006
8. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Shane Black, 2005
9. Adaptation, Spike Jonze, 2002
10. Children of Men, Alfonso Cuarón, 2006
Tony Girard is a graduate of the University of Northern Iowa and one hell of a model American.
Previously on You Aught to Know: 26-28
Posted by James at 2/05/2010 11:49:00 AM